Breakerfaire – Noun – Singular
- A shameless pun on Makerfaire which will undoubtedly result in me being sent a cease and desist for blatant trademark infringement.
- A community driven security conference in Liverpool, England, held monthly at DoesLiverpool.
So, yeah. I’ve decided to run a regular security meetup, and the chaps at DoesLiverpool have been
foolish kind enough to host it. Now, you may be wondering why you should bother when you have OWASP Leeds and OWASP Birmingham within spitting distance*. Well, here’s a good few reasons why.
- DoesLiverpool is full of genuinely nice, smart people.
- It’ll have some amazing talks from members of the community, as well as respected security professionals who are at the top of their game.
- The venue is as central as you can possibly be, and within walkiing distance of some of the best bars, pubs, clubs and restaurants Liverpool has to offer.
- The venue has lasers. Does OWASP have lasers? No. Enough said.
- Talks will be about the entire spectrum of security, from secure development, to web application hacking to network security.
- Dude. Lasers!
* Spitting distance provided that you are able to project saliva with the force of an artillery cannon.